WordPress is an opensource CMS and Data-based PHP script which is widely used by bloggers across the world. According to the report, about 37% of the total sites on internet uses WordPress.
Due to its popularity, Hackers are interested to hack different popular blogs who are based on WordPress script. This is what, we are going to take care about in this article.
So, What you need to do is, You need to take care of your WordPress blog on daily basis, update plugins installed on your WordPress website, update your theme as new update notified you in your dashboard, make a strong password for your WordPress blog, here we explained how you can create a strong password?
The list of WordPress Security Plugins are created in this post for your easiness, you just need to install.
5 Best WordPress Security Plugins to Protect Your Blog
1. Sucuri Security WordPress plugin (Free + Paid option)
Here are features of the plugin:
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
- Away mode ( Disable access to the WordPress Dashboard when on vacation)
You can download this plugin from here
Some features of SecuPress Plugin
- Outdated plugins
- Reminder to delete deactivated plugins
- Security suggestions for wp-config.php
- Security key settings
- Status of wp-admin/install.php
- Users and login status
- WordPress core tweaking
- Malware Scan
- Firewall scan
3. iThemes Security Pro ($80)
- One-click “Secure Site” WordPress security check
- Ban bad users and I.P
- Hide login and Admin URL
- Rename admin account
- Change the WP-content path
- Brute force protection
- Logs of security
- File permission and integrity check
- Get a notification when a file is updated
- Two-factor authentication
4. All in one Security plugin and Firewall
- Login lock down
- Security strength meter
- System info
- Backup Wp-config file
- Force user logout
- Account activity logs
- Enable manual approval of new registrations:
- Change database default prefix of WP (A highly recommended WordPress database security setting)
- Check and improve file system permission
- Block IP or IP range as well as user agents.
- Block external access to XMLRPC
- View last file change (Useful to find hacked WordPress files post hack)
5. Jetpack Security
- Protection from Brute force attack
- Downtime monitoring
- Jetpack Backups
- Security scanning
Well, These were the top plugins for WordPress Security. You can find many plugins on the internet related to WordPress security, what i have done here to make it short and useful for you to conclude it easy to download and understand.
If you know some other Security Plugins, you are welcome to share in the comment section with Yadgar Users. We’ll be happy to enlist in this article.