Introduction of HIT
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy and law as a whole.
After nearly 100 years development, HIT has formed a pattern of “One University, Three Campuses (Harbin/Weihai/Shenzhen)”.
HIT is a founding member of the C9 league, and official alliance initiated by the Chinese government with nine top universities in Mainland China. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
For international students out of China only who want to study master or PhD degree can apply for HIT Independent Recruitment Program.
HIT Independent Recruitment Program covers tuition fee, accommodation fee, stipend and insurance fee.
It is one of the programs of Chinese Government Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as CSC scholarship) and assigned from Ministry of Education (hereinafter referred to as MOE) to the university to recruit outstanding international students.
Applicants need to submit the application materials according to school requirements. HIT will select the best applicants and recommend to the China Scholarship Council.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
- Educational background required and age limit:
- Excellent performance in study.
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
Note: The scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship.
Details of the Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
New students who register on or before the 15th will receive a full stipend of that month; those who register after 15th will receive a half stipend of that month.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
|No.||Categories of Applicants||Duration of Major Studies||Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Studies|
|Duration of Scholarship|
|1.||Master’s Degree Students||2-3||1||2-4|
|2.||Doctoral Degree Students||4||1||4-5|
Note: The duration of major study for master’s degree of Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning, Landscape Architecture and Civil Engineering is 3 years.
The applicants need to provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate) and pay for the material assessment fee.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
- Highest full-time study diploma (original notarized document in English or Chinese).
- Transcripts (It is not required to be notarized, but must be signed and sealed from school. The transcripts in other languages must be translated in English or Chinese with notarization).
- A study or research plan (not less than 800 words in English or Chinese). The format can be [download]ed from official website: http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17.
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese.
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Bank Receipt of Material Assessment Fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB
- Bank Name: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
- Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
- Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
- Account Number: 3500040109008900513
- SWIFT/BIC: ICBKCNBJHLJ
- Language proficiency certificate
- Certificate of No Criminal Record
- Acceptance letter( not a must)
Selection of Specialty
Please visit CIE website at http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17 for more details.
Please visit website at http://www.hit.edu.cn/251/list.htm for faculty information.
Please visit website at http://homepage.hit.edu.cn for supervisor information.
All doctoral degree programs are taught in English or Chinese (except School of Humanities, S. S. and Law). Master degree programs are generally taught in Chinese, except the English programs of Management, Materials Science, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Chemical Engineering & Life Science and Technology.
Applicant with no command of Chinese or without adequate Chinese proficiency（HSK 4 is required to take one-year Chinese language course and need to pass HSK 4 to continue the following major studies taught in Chinese.
Failure to reach the required language proficiency (HSK 4) will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship. For programs taught in English, applicant whose native language is not English should submit an English proficiency certificate.
Approval and Notification
- HIT will review all the application materials and is authorized to make necessary adjustments on specialties and duration of study. The application will be regarded as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or incomplete.
- Applicants admitted by HIT will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOE for the record.
- Applicants should check all the information on the admission notice. Applicants are not permitted to change their supervisors, specialties, institutions, duration of study or instruction language specified in the Admission Notice after registration.